Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week 6 and 7


Things I have learned:
-          Sammy is very much about balance. And it’s a balance between good and evil that he most cares. If he’s good during the day, you’ll pay at night. If he’s good at night – Have a nice day. Now, I’m all for Danielle and Sammy having fun, but I’ll take good during the night any day of the week. Sorry, Wifey J.

-          It is extraordinarily difficult to multi-task in the following way (as I did this week while baby sitting one afternoon): My conference call with work went something like this:

Josh: Yes, I’m on the line (and paying attention)
5 minutes later:

Sammy: Wah
Josh (on mute now): crap
Sammy: Waaah
Josh: Shhhhhhhh – It’s ok little Sammy
             Sammy: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
             Josh: shhhhhhhhhhhh.
             Person leading conference call: Josh, what do you think
             Josh/Sammy: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. W-W-W-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.

-          Sammy has officially given us his calendar. It goes something like: at 10am, I will have a poo-nami. That is about as far as we got (because there was a poo-nami)

-          Most parents refer to the time in the evening when their kids go nuts as “The Witching Hour”. Why do they call it the witching hour when really it lasts more like 6-7 hours? I feel lied to and hurt.

-          You know I don’t sleep enough part 2: I accidentally almost ate a pre-natal vitamin one morning this week. Disturbing.

-          When Danielle says, “Josh, do you want to go get the laundry from downstairs? If not I can do it” and then repeats, “are you going, because if not, I’ll go” she’s telling me, not asking me. I really should know this by now.

-   It is imperative to put on a shirt before picking Samson up in the middle of the night (see below)

Important statistics we are tracking:

-          # of times I have sung the itsy bitsy spider: too many to count. But he smiles so who cares!

-          # of times Samson pooped out of his diaper on Danielle’s pants this week (right after she did laundry: 2

-          # times Sammy has peed on his feet in the bath: 2 (it disinfects, right!?!)

-          # of times Sammy slept for 7 STRAIGHT HOURS!!!!!!!!: 1, praise the lord!

-          # of times Sammy yelled “Lebron, YOU SUCK” during the NBA finals this week: 0 but we’re sure he was thinking it.

Things we have googled:
Seeing is believing….


Actual snapshot of week 7 google searches
Some Pictures for your amusement 



Usurping Mom and Dad's bed

Who needs a waxing with this Kung Fu grip. OUCH!

Sammy loves Jazz and has already inquired about taking History of Jazz 1 at McGill

Just a solid closeup of the little guy
The football hold. He's almost too big for this already.

The world as we think Sammy might see it...
"Really? Really do I have to do tummy time? My neck is freaking strong enough!"

"These aren't the boobs I'm used to but I'll take'em"
"Wait a minute...who is this other Jewish, glasses waiting bearded man....Dad??"
"I appreciate your taking me to a park, but how would you like it if I put you in the dark and said 'eat'. Also, why exactly am in public without any pants? "  

No comments:

Post a Comment