Friday, April 22, 2011

I can post this frequently because nothing is happening

We are now at hour 19.5 since we arrived at the hospital - Danielle is so good at labor that she's had consistent contractions but did not even know it....Still a long wait to go. Therefore: Post #2.

Important statistics we are tracking:

1) # of times a random nurse has come in and said "I am covering for Esther": at least 4. Who is this Esther? Did she win a bet? She's like the polkeroo (Canadian reference). Wiki link included because I asked Danielle if she'd heard of that and she looked at me like I was on crack.

link 1: Polka dot door wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polka_Dot_Door
link 2: Polkaroo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghWpAgFfgV0

2) # of times I asked Danielle what was happening in the soap shows she was making me watch: 8. Many people kept coming back to life.

3) Shesh Besh scores: Danielle 1, Josh 1

4) # of times Danielle openly admitted to cheating in her shesh besh victory: 1

5) # of really bad farts that I ripped right before a doctor came in: 1

6) # of times the doctor assumed it was Danielle while I chuckled on the other side of the room: 1

7) # of times a happy smiley doctor said "this could take days!" while chuckling: 1. Danielle did her best to not throw something at her.

8) # of things that a doctor has said that make my jaw drop and want to laugh hysterically: 1. But danielle won't let me write what it was.

That's it, that's all: We will keep you posted (or feel free to delete....)

Danielle and Josh

Pictures for your amusement:

Had to change my shirt temporarily so the Giants shirt will be fresh for tomorrow. In case the baby magically shoots out, at least it will see MSU. I thought maybe a McGill Redmen shirt but Danielle wouldn't allow that.

148 beats per minute....this kid is getting a workout! sometimes it goes up to 170.

For those that have lived, traveled, or seen my apartment, you know that when I go somewhere I can expand like a vapor. Why should the delivery room be any different.

This is me decimating Danielle at Shesh Besh. She rolled 3 double fives in a row and may have been more upset about that than all the waiting....

4 comments:

  1. Polkeroo! Love it. Baby K must watch lots of this. I'm sure it won't get all the drug references for years.

    Note: I do the same thing whenever I travel, especially at home. Why put anything away when you're just going to pack it up again in a day or so? It's a skill. I blame you brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remain your most loyal and dedicated fan. Again, the sub-breath weird laughing noises coming from my desk. Regarding farts and expanding amounts of crap: like my friend Julie says, "everywhere I go, there I am."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, this is torture...I WILL be an antique by the time I become a grandmother. And FYI, there should be a Cornell shirt in your wardrobe somewhere. If my grandchild is going to be born into the squalor you have made of that hospital room, the least you could do is show them he has good genes lurking somewhere in his background! Danielle - it's called LABOR for a reason: more work, less backgammon! Love to all, savtah

    ReplyDelete
  4. # of times baby K is going to LOVE READING THESE POSTS... infinity!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete