Friday, April 22, 2011

The Waiting Game

Hour 16.5 in the hospital: Nothing happening yet....I did get to sleep in a pull out bed that reminds me of the spacepod bathroom in our bedroom though. It also affords me the time to start a blog....

Things I have learned:
1) 1 long beep = blood pressure. I can call a nurse and they will say don't worry.

2) 3 beeps = no nurse coming for a while, me getting anxious (but not saying it because danielle is sleeping) and then a nurse coming to tell me 3 beeps means that the cardio monitor for the baby ran out of paper.

3) Pregnant ladies are constantly hot, so the temperature in this room rivals that of the fortress of solitude in the north pole. Only Ton Tons and a pregnant woman could survive here.

4) I am useless, but nurses are still sort of nice to you while making jokes about my having done this to Danielle.

5) Everytime Danielle is nice to me, I know she's building up some credit for the horrible things she'll yell at me later. I know this because she told me.

Important Statistics we will track:

1) # times a nurse has asked Danielle if she wants a bedpan: 2

2) # of times Danielle has chosen to not use a bed pan and hold it in: 2

3) # of hours since we arrived at the hospital: 16

4) Number of veins that "blew" while nurses were putting in the IV

5) Centimeters dilated: 1.5

6) # of showers in our room that do not work: 1



Photos for your amusement:
Induction process begins at 10:30pm - 2.5 hours into our stay

A little exploring uncovered this "fun" bin. Don't worry - not in use....yet.
Space pod bed where I get to sleep.
Careful Planning as we were rushing out of the house dictated that this should be the first thing Baby K sees.....

10:30am. Nothing doing. I can no longer feel my extremities but Danielle is quite comfortable with the temperature.








1 comment:

  1. My favorite part by far (although there are so many good bits to choose from) is the preenactment of baby k entering the world (sideways, so it would seem) to see Poppa Josh in a Giants t-shirt. well played. Can't wait for the next exciting installment!!

    ReplyDelete