Sunday, April 24, 2011

The First 24...

Little Samson Kroo is simply amazing and adjusting (reasonably well to the new environment.) He's a very calm baby that never cries for long (I'm sure I'm jinxing this). He seems to like us as parents which is nice  - though he has not verbalized this yet, one can assume. Danielle feeds him. I wipe his butt and burp him. What else is there? oh - the swaddle.....

Important stats that we are keeping track of:


1) Hours slept since 8am April 22: probably 8

2) # Times Samson farted in my hand: 1 per parent (and it was awesome)

3) # times Samson pooed in a nurses hand (big time!) as she changed him: 1

4) # times I managed to be out of the room when a nurse changed a diaper: 2 (but I've gotten my fair share since)

5) # Number of times a nurse said "sharted": 1. and yes, it was hilarious.

6) # of times we were visited by the nurse they call "Big Jugs": 1 (and it is true)

7) # times I thought about how crazy I am for writing this instead of sleeping?: 4. exactly.

In all seriousness, everyone here has been awesome and the first 30 hours of Samson's young life have been incredible to be a part of.

Pictures for you amusement:

He really takes after Danielle as an excellent napper. Or he's a newborn baby. Either way....

Space pod bed, How I missed thee....

The Thinker.

Proof that all babies look somewhat like Winston Churchill

Last night's complementary dinner. This looks like prison food except worse. But it is Kosher for Passover....
(For the Luft/Kroo  family) Dinner included party beets!

3 comments:

  1. Sharted...already taking after his dear ole dad, eh?

    PS I immediately though of the Thinker when I saw that photo! You clearly take after your dear old mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Party beets!!! Please include stats on # if bites you took :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh you should write a book.. these posts are amazing! I cannot wait to meet Mister Samson - so adorable!!! And yes, if you could please let us know how many of those party beets were eaten that would be appreciated.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete